Explore Visit Apply Donate

Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling

  • The Human Services program offers all the approved coursework required by the Nebraska Health and Human Services System to meet the criteria established by state law to become a provisional Licensed Alcohol and Drug Counselor. A number of options are available:
    1. Complete the AAS degree in Human Services, including all required courses and practicum education work.
    2. Take one or more of specific courses and combine with approved workshops and courses from other colleges.
    3. Individuals who already have obtained bachelors or master's degrees in a related field (counseling, social work, psychology, etc.).
    4. Take the Alcohol and Drug Certificate option for 36 credit hours.

    All individuals wishing to be Alcohol and Drug Counselors should consult the HHS Web site for licensure information at: http://dhhs.ne.gov and go to the Credentialing Division for details. For specific information on the A & D Focus, contact Tammy Kelch, A & D Advisor and Instructor, 800-642-4075 Ext. 2745, 402-437-2745 or tkelch@southeast.edu.