University Nuclear Leadership Program (Scholarship & Fellowship)
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is awarding more than $5 million in scholarships for students across the country
pursuing degrees in nuclear energy and engineering. The awards are provided through the Office of Nuclear Energy’s
(NE) University Nuclear Leadership Program (UNLP). UNLP will award scholarships of $5,000 per year to students.
These awards will be given to student attending community colleges as well as four-year colleges and universities.
Scholarships up to $5,000 per student per academic year
- Application for scholarships is through the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- Scholarships are awarded by U.S. Department of Energy (DOE).
- Scholarships are of use for one year from the beginning of the academic year.
- Allowable costs for scholarship to cover includes: tuition, books, fees, room and board: all applicable tuition,
room and board, books required for classes, and fees normally charged to students of similar academic standing
represent allowable costs for scholarships, unless such charges are optional or are refundable. only board
expenses (including food) for on-campus facilities are allowed; however, off campus room expenses may be
reimbursed upon presentation of a valid paid rent receipt. These expenses must be submitted to the for payment.
- The scholarship award does not provide allowances for special student needs such as travel to employment sites,
computers, and books and publications beyond those required for classes, fieldwork expenses, and special study.
Applications are currently being accepted. Applicants are eligible for a $5,000 per academic year scholarship at SCC.
Applicants must apply through the U.S. Department of
Learn More and Resources
Office of Nuclear Energy
Have questions or need help?
Contact David Madcharo | Energy Generation Instructor