Beginning Saturday, Oct. 23, at noon through Sunday, Oct. 24, 10 p.m. the following applications will not be available due to server maintenance, Colleague, WebAdvisor, and SelfServe. These services, The Hub, Canvas and Microsoft 365 will NOT be affected.
Explore Visit Apply Donate

How do I make a Referral?

  • If the situation is an emergency or poses an imminent threat to you or others, call 911 immediately. Then, as soon as appropriate, submit a TIPS report summarizing the situation.

    There are a three ways to make a referral:

    1. Complete a TIPS Report:  TIPSReportIncident100x42
    2. Call 402-437-2800
      This number links to the Safety & Security Specialist on designated campuses and is answered from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. If the staff person is not available to answer the phone, callers may leave a message, and the message will be forwarded to the CARE Team.
    3. Email your campus/learning center contact:
      Beatrice Campus/Falls City & Hebron Learning Centers:
      • Dean of Students: 402-228-8286 or Ext. 1286
      • Safety & Security Specialist: 402-228-8279 or Ext. 1279
      Lincoln Campus (all locations)/Plattsmouth & Nebraska City Learning Centers:
      • Dean of Students: 402-437-2559
      • Safety & Security Specialist: 402-437-2408
      Milford Campus/York & Wahoo Learning Centers:
      • Dean of Students: 402-761-8270
      • Safety & Security Specialist: 402-228-8279 or Ext. 1279

    Information to provide in your report:

    Providing the CARE Team with as much information as possible is essential!

    • Student, faculty or staff member’s name and ID number (if known) and a brief factual description of the incident or behavior.
    • Direct quotes whenever possible.
    • Where and when the incident or behavior occurred.
    • Names and contact information of witnesses.
    • Your name, position and complete contact information.
    • Include all emails or other information you have.
    • Always save voice recordings, text messages and emails on the device that received them.
    A note about confidentiality:
    • CARE will try to maintain privacy but cannot guarantee confidentiality
    • CARE recommends expressing your concern directly to the student if you feel safe doing so.
    • Offer to walk the student to the Student Success Coach or Campus Dean of Students
    After submitting a report:
    • You may not receive a response from a CARE representative right away.
    • If you need additional information, contact your Campus contact for further assistance.

  • Report OnlineTIPSReportIncident100x42

    If a person is an immediate threat themselves or someone else or is incapable of caring for themselves, CALL 911.