This course is a review of medication administration principles and procedures. It contains both written and skills competency testing and meets the state of Nebraska medication aide training requirements for medical assistants in the medical office.
Cost of this course is $89.
- Explain basic principles related to medication administration.
- Demonstrate basic competencies required to safely perform medication by oral and topical routes, by inhalation to the respiratory system, and by instillation in the eyes, ears and nose.
- Demonstrate basic competencies required to safely perform medication by the following additional activities: injections, including subcutaneous, intradermal and intramuscular.
- Recognize the Medication Aide role in recognizing, recording and reporting allergic reactions to drugs.
- Complete the online class.
- Pass the online exam.
- Upon passing the exam, contact the Jack J. Huck Continuing Education Center at 402-437-2700 or 800-828-0072 to schedule your two-hour skills competency test.
- Successfully complete the skills competency exam. You will be tested on the following skills:
- Oral Medications
- Topical Medications
- Eye, Ear, Nasal Medications
- Inhaled Medications
- Oxygen Administration
- Injectable Medications
- You will have 10 weeks to complete all portions of this course.
Upon successful completion of both the written and skills competency testing, you can submit your application to the state of Nebraska to be placed on the state Medication Aide Registry.
This course is delivered online and facilitated by SCC faculty.
You will need:
- Computer with high-speed Internet connection.
- Speaker/sound capability.
- Working knowledge of computer and Internet experience.
Note: Firefox or Chrome browser recommended, and you cannot access the course using an iPad or Droid tablet.
For registration and log-in instructions for the online class:
Register Today Search keyword = Medication
For more information, email email@example.com or call 402-437-2700 or 800-828-0072.