TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a federally funded program committed to the success of students who are
first-generation, have limited income, or are experiencing disabilities.
Our mission is to empower scholars through proactive advising to achieve maximum academic success and career
readiness. Students will develop the necessary skills, knowledge, and attributes to graduate as skilled
professionals, global citizens, and leaders committed to lifelong learning.
Academic need as demonstrated by one of the following:
- College entrance scores (Next-Generation Accuplacer, ACT).
- High school grades of C+ or lower in Math, English or Science.
- College grades of C or lower.
- No high school or college attendance in the last five years.
- Limited English proficiency.
- Others as determined by TRiO Success Coach.
And at least one of the following:
- Be a first-generation student (neither parent is a four-year college graduate).
- Be low income as established by Federal guidelines.
- Be an individual with a documented disability.
Additionally, TRiO/SSS Program students must be:
- Accepted and enrolled in a program of study that leads to an associate degree or diploma.
- Able to complete a program of study within four years.
- A U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
Complete Online Application or Print a TRiO application (PDF).
As a member, these are the benefits of belonging to TRiO.
- Develop an Individual Success Plan with your Student Success Coach
- Access to intensive academic, personal and career support.
- Use of laptop computers and textbook lending programs.
- Assistance with selecting and transferring to a four-year college.
- Assistance in applying for and managing financial aid.
- Financial literacy counseling on topics like: personal budgeting, student loans, investing, credit and more!
- TRiO SSS Program grant aid or scholarship funds (when available) for those that qualify.
- Participate in career exploration and job skills development.
- Opportunity to take part in special off-campus cultural activities, leadership activities, and campus visits
with other TRiO SSS students.
- Group workshops or individualized help with topics such as: stress management, recognizing and developing your strengths, applying for FAFSA, and study skills.
TRiO SSS student workshop.