If your ultimate goal is to earn a bachelor’s degree, then the Academic Transfer program is a great place to start your path to possible. Whether you plan to major in anthropology, zoology, or anything in between, our advisors will help you develop an academic plan to match your career goals.
We offer the Associate of Arts degree if you plan to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree in communications, education, humanities, social science or social work. The Associate of Science degree option is for you if you plan to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree in fields such as engineering, science or mathematics.
Student entering this program may qualify for the STEM CONNECT scholarship. Applications are currently being accepted. Learn more.
Our Academic Transfer program is perfect place to start your path to possible whether you plan to transfer a few credits or the equivalent of two full years in a four-year institution. You can start the Academic Transfer program in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
If you are interested in a Health Science program, you will want to explore the Associate of Health Sciences.
You’re a Good Fit
Our Academic Transfer program is the right fit for you if you:
- want to transfer to pursue a bachelor’s degree
- have the ability to think critically and openly about opposing viewpoints
- have strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- use critical reading skills to effectively analyze, evaluate, synthesize, and apply information and ideas from diverse sources and disciplines
- use quantitative reasoning skills to solve problems and make effective decisions
- have a desire to learn about diverse values and worldviews by recognizing interconnections between ideas and fields of knowledge
Know Your Transfer Plans
Make the most of your time at SCC by researching your future school or program. You should understand the course requirements for your future program to save you time and money. You will want to know the following before you transfer:
- Which courses and prerequisite courses you can take at SCC.
- How many credit hours you can transfer into the program.
- All of the admissions requirements for the college including program specific requirements.
- Application deadlines, fees and enrollment deposits for your future school.
- The tuition and fees at you future school and the available financial assistance and scholarships.
- On-campus resources and services available for transfer students.
Academic Transfer Subject Areas
The Academic Transfer program prepares you to continue academically at a four-year college or university. As an academic transfer, you can get a bachelor's degree in majors like these (and many more):
- Criminal Justice
- Language Studies
- Pre-professional Health Programs
- Physical Science
- Political Science
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.