If you are a number cruncher who likes to solve problems, our Accounting program is the perfect fit for you. We will teach you practical skills which will allow you to enter the workforce in bookkeeping, billing and office management.
This flexible program allows you to take classes either full time or part time as well as in a traditional classroom or online – you choose the right option for you.
You can start the Business program in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
- You will need to demonstrate keyboarding skills of at least 30 words per minute minimum with three or fewer errors.
- If you cannot validate competencies in accounting and keyboarding, you may take courses in those areas at SCC. Credit earned in OFFT 1150 – Basic Keyboarding will not count toward your degree.
- You must complete the regular SCC admission requirements and prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or higher to continue in the Business program.
2 + 2 Degree Option
Earning your Associate of Arts degree in Accounting from SCC gives you an affordable path to complete your bachelor’s degree. This degree option prepares you to transfer to a four-year university or college by teaching you basic business skills in accounting and economics. We partner with local colleges and universities including:
- University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Nebraska Wesleyan University
- Doane University-Lincoln
- Peru State College
- Bellevue University
An Accounting degree from SCC adds up to a successful career in a variety of positions including:
- Account Manager
- Accounting Associate
- Accounts Payable or Receivable Clerk
- Billing Coordinator
- Finance Assistant
- Inventory Control Clerk
- Office Manager or Assistant Manager
- Payroll/Accounting Clerk
- Retail Accounting Specialist
- Revenue Agent
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.