Automotive - General Motors Automotive Service Educational Program
Our General Motors Automotive Service Educational program is part of a strategic alliance between students, General Motors, ACDelco, and their dealerships in a true earn-as-you-learn experience. This two-year program combines classroom lectures and hands-on labs with a required sponsorship at a GM dealership which gives you on-the-job training during even-numbered semesters.
The ASEP program teaches exclusively on GM products, giving you an advantage when you work at the dealership. You will graduate from our program with an Associate Degree in Applied Science. Learn more about the GM ASEP strategic alliance at Bring Us Your Talent.
Students entering this program may qualify for the Scott Pathway Scholarship.
You must call our Admissions Office (402-761-8243) to set your start date in the General Motors ASEP program. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
In addition, you are required to provide or purchase a basic tool set during the first semester. Tools may be purchased at the SCC Campus Store or the SCC Milford Parts Store. You are required to wear program uniforms while in classroom or laboratory settings.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our General Motors ASEP program if you:
- have high mechanical ability and basic math skills
- have good communication skills (must be able to read, understand and follow written directions; must be able to read manuals and computer-generated instructions; and must be able to express oneself clearly verbally)
- are computer efficient and detail-oriented
- are a “mind-on” and a “hands-on” person
- have the ability or willingness to work on a team
- are a sequential and analytical thinker
Our program prepares you for an entry-level Automotive Technician in a GM dealership. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $41,808.