Business - Bookkeeping
We can prepare you to solve real world business problems with a degree from our Business program. One of the most versatile degrees offered at Southeast Community College, you will be able to choose your career path whether it be moving up the corporate ladder, starting your own business or completing your bachelor’s degree at a four-year college or university.
This certificate is stackable with the Business Diploma - Bookkeeping Option and the AAS in Business. Students who complete the Bookkeeping Certificate are half-way to earning a Business Diploma - Bookkeeping option. This certificate positions students to work in areas of accounting such as bookkeeping, payroll, and basic accounting functions outsourced for small and large businesses.
You can start the Business program in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
- You will need to demonstrate keyboarding skills of at least 30 words per minute minimum with three or fewer errors.
- If you cannot validate competencies in accounting and keyboarding, you may take courses in those areas at SCC. Credits earned in Office Accounting (AFFT-1310), Keyboarding I (OFFT-1010) and Keyboarding II (OFFT-1020) will not count toward your degree.
- You must complete the regular SCC admission requirements and prerequisite courses with a grade of “C” or higher to continue in the Business program.
The mission of Southeast Community College’s Business Program is to prepare diverse learners for lifelong career opportunities.
The Business Program strives to be a leader in transforming education through technology, communication, and collaboration. Our faculty, staff, and administrators prioritize student success. We will advance learning opportunities through workforce leadership responsiveness, up-to-date engaging curriculum, and continuous improvement.
You are able to choose a career which emphasizes your strengths in the business booking world. Career options include:
- Small-Business Owner
- Entry-Level Bookkeeper
- Tax and Payroll positions
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.