Criminal Justice - Law Enforcement & Homeland Security
Our Law Enforcement & Homeland Security program is designed to prepare you to serve your community and its citizens as a law enforcement officer or in a government agency. This program provides you educational and internship experiences to help you succeed and advance in your criminal justice career. You will receive an overview of the criminal justice system while focusing on the elements of criminal investigations, crisis management, communications and reporting techniques.
In many instances, you can transfer your credits earned toward a criminal justice bachelor’s degree program. We offer criminal justice courses as electives in the Associate of Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree in the Academic Transfer program if you want to earn a bachelor’s degree. It is your responsibility to check with your transfer institution to find out what credits will transfer. Please work closely with your SCC advisor.
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be a good fit for our Law Enforcement & Homeland Security program if you:
- have strong oral and written communication skills as well as excellent listening skills
- are able to read social cues and body language as well as speak with people from diverse backgrounds
- can write accurate and grammatically sound reports
- are able to solve problems using critical thinking and deductive reasoning
- have the ability to think quickly
- possess strong ethics and are culturally sensitive
- are emotionally balanced/even tempered
- are observant and aware of your surroundings
- are in excellent physical shape
- are detail oriented and have the ability to multi-task
Our Law Enforcement & Homeland Security program prepares you for a successful law enforcement career. Recent graduates reported an average salary of $37,981*. Career options include:
- Animal Plant and Health Inspection Service
- Border Patrol Agent
- Coast Guard
- Crime Statistics Analyst
- Criminal Investigator
- Deportation and Detention Officer
- Deportation Officer
- Emergency Management Specialist
- FEMA Specialist
- Immigration and Customs Agent
- K-9 Officer
- Private Security Officer
- Railroad Police
- Security Analyst
- TSA Specialist
*No data for graduate salary. Estimated salaries are based on the 25th percentile earnings for SCC’s 15-county area for all occupations relevant to the program of study. (EMSI data)
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.