Design & Drafting Technology - Intro to Design Software
Our Design & Drafting Technology program gives you a career blueprint with a variety of options. We combine computer-aided drafting and architectural design which can be used in both residential and commercial construction.
In the Design & Drafting Technology – Intro to Design Software certificate program, you’ll learn the principles of basic computer aided drafting and how to apply those concepts to design projects using the Inventor, Solidworks, and Revit software packages. You will also study the concepts of related physics concepts in an applied manner.
Student entering this program may qualify for the STEM CONNECT scholarship. Applications are currently being accepted. Learn more.
This certificate qualifies for financial assistance through the Gap Assistance Program. To check eligiblity, please visit the GAP Assistance Program page additional information.
Below are the required courses for this certificate. If you have questions, please contact:
Dave Zachek, Program Chair
firstname.lastname@example.org | 402-437-2651
You can start the Design & Drafting Technology – Intro to Design Software certificate program in the Fall or Spring terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Design & Drafting Technology – Intro to Design Software certificate program if you:
- have high spatial relations ability
- have good math ability, especially geometry and trigonometry
- are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- are detail-oriented and can work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- are great at problem solving using sequential and analytical thinking skills
- have the perseverance to stay on a multi-step task to completion
- are computer proficient
- can work cooperatively as a member of a team
- enjoy a flexible work environment between the office and job sites
Our program combines drafting and design to give you several options for an exciting career. Recent SCC graduates in Design & Drafting Technology report an average starting annual salary of $47,632.
Career options in the Architectural Design Focus include:
- Architectural CAD Technician
- BIM Manager
- Design Technician
- Drafting Design Technician
- Electrical Systems Engineering Designer
- Mechanical Systems Engineering Technician
- Revit Technicia
- Structural Engineering Technician
- Wood Truss Designer
Career options in the Computer Aided Design Drafting Focus include:
- CAD Designer
- Design Engineer
- Engineering Technician
- Product Designer
- Revit Technician
- VDC Coordinator