Diesel Technology - Truck
Our Diesel Technology-Truck program is designed for you. We teach the industry's highest standards and exact procedures are followed throughout the program. You will be trained in all phases of over-the-road truck repair, including electrical/electronic systems, engines, power trains, suspension and steering, brake systems, hydraulics, and preventative maintenance. Many people choose to be masters of all truck systems to be able to personally handle any customer concern. You will also have the opportunity to hone your skills in our new Crete Carrier Diesel Technology & Welding Center.
Students entering this program may qualify for the Scott Pathway Scholarship.
You can start the Diesel Technology-Truck program in the Fall or Spring terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
In addition, you are required to provide or purchase a basic tool set during the first semester. Tools may be purchased at the SCC Campus Store, the SCC Milford Parts Store or off-campus. You are required to wear safety-toe boots or shoes during all lab activities and while participating in the Cooperative Education/Internship program.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Diesel Technology-Truck program if you:
- have high mechanical ability and basic math skills
- have good communication skills (must be able to read, understand and follow written directions; must be able to read manuals and computer-generated instructions; and must be able to express oneself clearly verbally)
- are computer proficient and detail-oriented
- are a “mind-on” and a “hands-on” person
- have the ability to work on a team
- are a sequential and analytical thinker
- can multi-task and stay on task until a job is completed
You will be trained in all phases of light, medium and heavy over-the-road truck repair in our Diesel Technology-Truck program. We prepare you for employment as high-quality entry-level truck service technicians in truck dealerships, truck fleet service facilities, and independent truck service shops. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $44,200. Diesel Technology-Truck career options include:
- Diesel Technician
- Service Maintenance Technician