Early Childhood Education – In Home Care Provider
You can have a meaningful impact on the future through your work with young children. In our Early Childhood Education – In Home Care Provider Certificate program you will learn observation, assessment, and guidance strategies with specific focus on the development of children. Students complete a practicum and will learn specific skills necessary for working in an in-home setting.
You can start the Early Childhood Education program in the Fall or Spring Semester. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
A Criminal Background Check will be required of each student in this program. Based on the outcome of the CBC, a student may be prevented from taking certain courses, accessing certain laboratory experiences, or completing the program. A non-refundable fee of $45 will be assessed for the CBC.
- Criminal History Check Application Instructions (PDF)
- Fingerprint Criminal History Check Application (PDF)
You’re a Good Fit
You will be a successful educator if you:
- have the ability to plan developmentally responsive programs for children and their families
- are a caring person with an accepting attitude
- have strong interpersonal and communication skills
- are self-aware and accept diversity
- have skills in critical thinking
- have the ability to perform physically demanding work, including lifting and getting up and down from the floor
Our Early Childhood Education program prepares you to work with children and families in diverse and inclusive early care and education settings. Recent graduates reported an average salary of $27,352. Career options include:
- Assistant Preschool Teacher
- Child Care Center Assistant
- Infant Teacher
- Lead Teacher
- Library Aid
- Preschool Co-Teacher or Lead Teacher
- Professional Nanny
- Teacher Assistant
- Toddler Specialist
The Early Childhood Education Associate of Applied Science Degree at Southeast Community College is accredited by the Commission on the Accreditation of Early Childhood Higher Education Programs of the National Association for the Education of Young Children. The accreditation term runs from March 2021-August 2023.
2022 NAEYC Annual Report
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution