If you enjoy working on a team and the value of providing the best customer service, the Office Professional program is perfect for you. We will teach you the skills and give you the knowledge to be successful in any office setting. In our program you will choose which focus area you want to specialize in: Administrative, Legal, Medical, or Office Management. With the proper electives, you will be prepared to take the Certified Professional Secretary or Certified Administrative Professional exam awarded through the International Association of Administrative Professionals.
You can start the Office Professional program in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms. Follow these steps for admission:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You are able to choose a career which emphasizes your professional and ethical work behavior while utilizing your office skills. Recent SCC graduates report an average annual starting salary of $40,040. Career options include:
- Account Manager
- Administrative Assistant
- Billing Associate
- Business Specialist
- Child Support Enforcement Worker
- Customer Service Associate
- Data Entry Operator
- Human Resources Assistant
- Legal Assistant
- Legal Secretary
- Office Coordinator
- Records Clerk
- Technical Data Editor
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.