Discover your career with a degree from our Welding Technology program. Our flexible program provides classroom instruction with extensive hands-on training about current welding practices and procedures, metallurgy, destructive and nondestructive testing, inspection, and the principles of fabrication and design.
We constantly strive to meet your needs by offering both full- and part-time schedules. Our class schedule allows you to choose the best date and time for your schedule. Your specialized classes and customized training also meet industry standards of the American Welding Society, American Petroleum Institute, and the American Society of Mechanical Engineers.
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
Manufacturing Day | Month
Held annually on the first Friday in October with events that continue throughout the month, Manufacturing Day (MFG Day) provides an opportunity to showcase manufacturing careers. As manufacturers seek to fill high-skill, high-tech and high-paying jobs, MFG Day empowers manufacturers, industries and SCC to come together to address collective challenges while engaging with communities and the workforce. Learn more.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Welding Technology program if you:
- have high spatial relations ability
- have average geometry and basic trigonometry skill
- enjoy working with your hands, hand tools and machinery with average mechanical abilities
- are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- are detail-oriented and can work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- are a patient worker
- have the perseverance to stay on a multi-step task to completion
- like to see results and don’t mind getting dirty
Our Welding Technology program prepares you for a potential career in the oil and gas industry, automotive, manufacturing, military and others. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $46,904. Career options in welding include:
- Pipe Welder
- Production Welder
- Welding Fitter
- Welding Machine Operator
- Welding Technician