Step 1: Create an application to the program by completing an online program application.
Step 2: Meet with Advising
Your next step is to meet with your academic advisor to create your program course plan including general education classes required for the Healthcare Management Degree. Credits can be transferred in from other colleges or universities and/or earned at SCC. All students must receive a grade of a C or higher for all General Education courses for the Healthcare Management Program. Your advisor will assist you in completing the following requirements:
Special Program Requirements
- Submit copy of a current American Heart Association BLS CPR card. See Program Admission Checklist for specific CPR requirements.
- Submit completed Health Statement to the Health Sciences Division (term prior to Practicum).
- A criminal background check will be required of each student in this program. Based on the background check, a student may be prevented from taking certain courses, accessing certain laboratory experiences, or completing the program. A non-refundable fee of $45 will be accessed for this CBC. Misdemeanor or felony convictions may prevent a graduate from acquiring a state license.
- Students admitted to a Health Sciences program at SCC requiring a clinical rotation at a contracted healthcare facility will submit to initial drug and alcohol testing prior to the first clinical rotation. A non-refundable fee of $44 will be accessed for the drug screen.
- All required Healthcare Management courses completed with a grade of C or higher.
- Program offers web-based courses but requires supervised practicum at program approved locations.
- A laptop computer is recommended for students in this program (see computer system requirements).
Required Laptop computer system requirements (should not be older than 3 years)
- Laptop models: Apple MacBook (10.12-Sierra, 10.13-High Sierra or 10.14-Mojave) or
Windows Laptops (Windows 10 pro, home version may work fine) or
MS Surface Tablet Pro (Windows 10 Pro)
- Processor: Intel Core i5 or higher
- Ram (Memory): 4GB minimum
- Hard Drive: Solid State hard drive preferred 128 GB or higher
- Peripherals: Webcam, Headphones
- Wireless: all laptops should have wireless
Not recommended: Android Tablets, iPads, Windows 10 S Mode, Chromebooks.