Computer Information Technology - Computer Support
Our Computer Support program is the ideal fit for you if you are a tech savvy problem solver. When you complete this program, you will be able to provide technical support as the main computer resource technician in a company or as a member of the help desk support team. You will receive hands-on training in advanced applications, customer support skills, hardware maintenance, and hardware and software troubleshooting simulations.
Our flexible Computer Support program provides hands-on training while allowing you to be a full-time or part-time student taking day, evening and online classes. Many courses can be completed online but you will be required for some in-person classes. You will be prepared to work in every sector of the economy after you graduate from the program.
This program may qualify you for the STEM CONNECT scholarship. The STEM CONNECT scholarship is available to academically talented, low-income students interested in careers that require strong skills in mathematics or computer science.
Please note that the following programs are currently under review by the Department of Education for federal financial aid. Students are not able to receive federal financial aid for this program until it has been approved.
- Computer Information Technology – Computer Support, Diploma
You can start the Computer Support program in the Fall or Spring terms. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
Our Computer Support program provides you with comprehensive, hands-on training in current technologies which makes you a valuable employee. You will be successful in this field if you:
- have excellent problem-solving skills
- are organized, detail oriented, able to prioritize your workload and document activities
- are able to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- have good written and oral communication skills
- enjoy helping others solve computer-related problems
- are flexible enough to work in groups or independently
- can concentrate on a project or problem until you find a solution
- enjoy working in a field that is always changing
Rewarding careers for computer technicians and help desk support are available in almost every field including health, education, business, transportation and manufacturing, and the job outlook is expected to continue to increase. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $41,704. Career options in CIT-Computer Support include:
- Desktop Support Technician
- IT Infrastructure Support Technician
- IT Technician
State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution
Southeast Community College is a State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Institution (NC-SARA) institution. As such, SCC is unable to offer online or distance courses to students in the following areas at this time: American Samoa, Guam and the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands.