The construction industry has a variety of in-demand, high-impact, and technology-driven careers. SCC's Careers in Construction Day will give students hands-on opportunities to explore several construction-related career fields. Students will learn from industry leaders and SCC instructors and will work alongside current SCC students.
Check back in 2024 for dates and registration information.
All participants will need to complete a waiver to participate in Construction Day (if under the age of 19, it must be signed by a parent or guardian). Please click on this link: Construction Day Waiver to print and sign the waiver. If you are under the age of 19, your parent or guardian will need to sign the waiver. Please return your complete waiver to email@example.com or you may turn it in at check-in on the day of the event.
Participants will take part in rotations and have the opportunity to learn about the selected career fields listed below:
- Auto Collision Repair Technology
- Automotive Technology
- Building Construction Technology
- Concrete Construction Technician
- Design & Drafting Technology
- Diesel Technology - Truck
- Electrical & Electromechanical Technology
- Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, Refrigeration Technology
- John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment Tech
- Land Surveying/GIS/Civil Engineering Technology
- Nondestructive Testing Technology
- Plumbing Technology
- Welding Technology