Concrete Construction Technician
Our Concrete Construction Technology program provides real-world industry exposure to help you develop the skills necessary for a successful career. These skills include: project site preparation and safety; concrete forming, placing and finishing operations for vertical and horizontal concrete construction; mix design; and trouble shooting. You will also learn drafting and estimating skills.
You will participate in program activities and projects affiliated with the American Concrete Institute, Nebraska Concrete and Aggregate Association, National Association of Home Builders and the Associated General Contractors professional groups. This includes putting your education to work as you place concrete in variety of conditions and sites with your classmates. You will perform live concrete construction tasks throughout the year in the community, giving you valuable hands-on experience working with a wide array of variables.
Students entering this program may qualify for the Scott Pathway Scholarship.
You can start the Concrete Construction Technician program in the Fall term. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
In addition, you are required to provide or purchase a basic tool set during the first semester. Tools may be purchased at the SCC Campus Store.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Building Construction Technology program if you:
- have high spatial relations ability
- have good math ability in basic math and geometry
- are an excellent communicator, both written and verbal
- have the ability to perform physically demanding work in all kinds of weather
- are detail-oriented and can work within precise limits or standards of accuracy
- are a sequential and analytical thinker
- have the perseverance to stay on a multi-step task to completion
- enjoy working with your hands
- can work cooperatively as a member of a team
- like to see results
Our Concrete Construction Technician program gives you the foundation needed for a satisfying career in the construction industry. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $43,368. Career options in concrete construction include:
- Concrete/Masonry Specialist
- Construction Laborer
- Construction Owner
- Project Foreman
- Skilled Laborer