Land Surveying/GIS/Civil Engineering Technology
As the only land surveying program in Nebraska, our hands-on program prepares you for a successful career as a land surveyor, civil drafter or construction material inspector. Your first three semesters will be spent in lecture/lab courses where you will learn GPS and GIS technology. Your last semester in the program will be spent in the Cooperative Education Experience where you will be employed performing land surveying, drafting, or materials testing/inspection throughout Nebraska and surrounding state.
Students entering this program may qualify for the Scott Pathway Scholarship.
Our program is fully accredited by the state of Nebraska and the Higher Learning Commission.
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
In addition, you will be required to have a basic tool set when you start the program. You will receive a 10% discount if you purchase the items as a complete set from the Campus Store.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Land Surveying/GIS/Civil Engineering Technology program if you:
- enjoy working both outdoors and indoors and in all kinds of weather
- have good verbal and written communication skills
- have strong math and calculation skills
- can visualize new construction
- are detail oriented and the ability to do neat, accurate work
- creatively recognize and apply land surveying principles
- enjoy problem solving
- like variety in your job
- take direction and work independently, depending on the project
- display initiative in interpreting and following instructions
- enjoy using electronic technology to complete many of your assigned tasks from research to 3-D map creation
We prepare you for employment in the field of land surveying, civil computer aided drafting and construction materials inspection through comprehensive instruction and hands-on training. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $44,408. Career options in Land Surveying/GIS/Civil Engineering Technology include:
- Civil CAD Drafter
- Land Surveying Technician
- Survey Assistant
- Survey Technician