Explore Visit Apply
  • land-848-x-511-financialaid
    Financial Aid
    Financial Aid

How to Apply for Financial Aid

  • You must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form by the federal deadline to be considered for federal and state financial aid as well as SCC need-based aid each academic year.

    The FAFSA can be filed any time after Oct. 1 for the next school year. Select the correct academic year and use the SCC school code number of 007591 for all of our campuses and learning centers.

    Priority Filing

    Priority filing deadlines for Federal Student Aid are:

    • Fall Term: April 1
    • Spring Term: August 1
    • Summer Term: January 1

    Supporting Documents

    Our Financial Aid Office will contact you via email if we need supporting documents to complete your file after we receive your FAFSA. Some documents we may need include:

    • Federal tax return transcripts
    • W-2s
    • Verification worksheets

    Your financial aid will not be awarded until we receive all of your requested documentation. Once your file is complete, an award notification will be sent to you and direct you to access your award on the Financial Aid Self-Service page.

    Financial Aid Disbursements

    Financial Aid funds are transferred (disbursed) to a student's account no earlier than the 10th day of each term. Our Financial Aid Office will confirm your eligibility in order for you to receive your financial aid.

    Your financial aid will first be used to pay your tuition, fees, books and any other appropriate outstanding charges. You may purchase educationally-related books and supplies from the Campus Store before funds are disbursed if your award is more than the cost of tuition and fees (and room and board on the Beatrice and Milford campuses). You can charge books and supplies up to the amount of excess financial aid to your student account. If you have funds remaining, it will be transferred to your student account no later than the 14th day of each term.

    Federal Work Study students are paid once a month for hours worked the previous month.

    Special Circumstances

    If you have special circumstances affecting your financial aid eligibility, you have the right to file an appeal stating your situation. Please contact the SCC Financial Aid Office to request information about filing an appeal.

    Federal Student Aid Videos

    Federal Student Aid videos are provided by the U.S. Department of Education. Please watch these videos to get an all-purpose understanding of federal student aid.