What is CAPS?
Counseling Assistance Program for Students.
- Flexible Appointments: Day and Evening Times Available
- Accessible Services
- Free for SCC Students
Who can use CAPS?
SCC students enrolled in a credit course.
How much does counseling cost at SCC?
- There is no additional cost for counseling at SCC.
- Each student can receive up to 15 individual counseling sessions and/or 10 group counseling sessions each
What can I talk about in counseling?
We provide free and confidential help to enrolled SCC students for a variety of experiences, including:
- Body Image
- Eating Disorders
- Substance Use
Why is CAPS beneficial at SCC?
- Mental health is important for all students
- Investing in your mental health improves performance, attendance, retention and long-term success
- CAPS increases campus and community support networks
What can I do to help a friend or family member?
- Ask how they are doing
- No judgment
- Help connect to resources
- Visit MyLink
- Follow Up
- Offer to check in again soon
CAPS at SCC wants to be a part of YOUR Path to Possible.