About STEM CONNECT
The STEM Career Opportunities in Nebraska: Networks, Experiential-learning, and Computational Thinking (STEM CONNECT) is an NSF-funded S-STEM (Scholarships in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) scholarship program forming a partnership among the University of Nebraska-Lincoln (UNL), Southeast Community College (SCC), and Western Nebraska Community College (WNCC).
STEM CONNECT awards scholarships to and provides curricular and co-curricular support to academically talented, low-income students with interest in careers that require strong skills in mathematics or computer science.
Scholarships valued at up to $10,000 per year through the Fall of 2024
The STEM CONNECT Scholarship program welcomes applications from students who will be first year or second year students. Funded by the National Science Foundation, these scholarships seek to attract and support academically talented, low-income students with interest in a STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) career that requires strong skills in mathematics or computer science.
When to Apply
Applications are currently being accepted and will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the start of the next semester.
STEM CONNECT is a need-based federal scholarship program. To be considered for a STEM CONNECT scholarship, your family must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
Students who will attend Southeast Community College or Western Nebraska Community College next semester are eligible to apply if they:
- enroll in the Academic Transfer program intending to pursue a STEM focused academic program with the goal of transferring to a four-year college to complete their studies, or
- pursue a two-year degree that will lead to opportunities for employment as a member of the skilled technical workforce in a STEM field, and:
- agree to take mathematics or computer science courses that will strengthen their preparation for a career in a STEM field.
Note: SCC students interested in Health (e.g., nursing, medicine) are not eligible.
Applicants are eligible for an $10,000 per year ($5,000 per semester) scholarship at SCC or WNCC. STEM CONNECT Scholars may renew their scholarship through Fall 2024 provided they continue to demonstrate financial need and meet eligibility requirements. Scholars who transfer to UNL will be considered for an UNL STEM CONNECT scholarship depending on the availability of scholarship funds at the time they transfer.
- Submit the FAFSA application for the upcoming academic year if you have not done this previously.
- If not currently a student, first apply to your institution of choice (SCC or WNCC).
- Complete the scholarship application in the CSMCE. Application/Registration Portal
Contact us with any questions at email@example.com.