Nebraska Wesleyan Housing Partnership
Southeast Community College has an exciting partnership with Nebraska Wesleyan University to give SCC students an on-campus community experience until Woodhaven Hall is complete in January 2024. NWU is offering spaces in select on-campus housing units to any SCC student. SCC students will live on the NWU campus and be part of their residential community while taking classes at SCC.
SCC students must maintain a minimum of 12 credit hours of enrollment at SCC while living on campus at NWU. Students must have their own transportation to/from campus.
Due to demand, our beds are full at Nebraska Wesleyan and we are no longer taking applications for fall. We are excited to be opening Woodhaven Hall on the SCC Lincoln campus for spring 2024. Complete the Housing Reservation Contract now to reserve your room now.
Who is eligible to live on campus at NWU?
Students must remain enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours for the duration of each semester they live on campus at NWU.
- Heim/White Hall Suites: are air-conditioned, suite-style, residential facilities. Typically housing four students, these suites consist of a central living space with a kitchenette that includes a small refrigerator and microwave, two bedrooms and bathrooms. On each floor, there’s a lounge with a TV, pool table, foosball, computers, and study tables. The first floor has a small kitchen and a patio that provides space for outside lounging.
- Townhouse Village: Each unit has four furnished private bedrooms and two bathrooms. The townhouse comes equipped with a 21 cubic-foot refrigerator, stove, microwave, dishwasher, and full-size, stackable washer and dryer. Townhouse space is dependent upon availability.
- Other halls may also become available.
- Heim/White Hall Suites: $3,850 per semester + required Prairie Wolf meal plan of $2,043 per semester (includes 12 meals a week and $100 in flex points)
- Townhouse: $4,712 per semester (meal plan optional)
- Plainsman Hall: $3,240 per semester + required Prairie Wolf meal plan of $2,043 per semester (includes 12 meals a week and $100 in flex points)
- Burt Hall: $2,900 per semester + required Prairie Wolf meal plan of $2,043 per semester (includes 12 meals a week and $100 in flex points)
A $150 deposit is required to SCC. The deposit will be applied to any accrued damages; remaining funds will be returned to the student after all potential damage charges are assessed after a student moves out of the residence hall. The deposit will be submitted to SCC with the housing contract.
SCC students residing in NWU housing will be charged a non-refundable $90/year fee (billed annually) that covers the costs of:
- A digital fob coded with residence hall and meal plan access. If this fob is lost or damaged, there will be a replacement fee. The fob is the property of NWU and is to be returned to NWU when the student moves out from NWU housing.
- Log in access to NWU wireless internet on campus and use of on-campus computer/printing labs. SCC students may access all SCC-supported computing resources from the computers in NWU computer labs.
- A mailbox in the NWU Mail Center where students can receive either postal mail or packages.
- Access to the Cochrane Woods library and other campus study spaces. SCC students have borrowing access to NWU library holdings through Interlibrary Loan.
- Recreational access (via fob sign in) to the Marian and Marion Weary Center for Health and Fitness.
- A student parking pass which gives access to parking in any NWU student-only or student/faculty/staff lots. Students who wish to purchase their own reserved parking place in the lot nearest to the suites and townhouses may contact the NWU Business Office. 2022-2023 reserved parking tags cost $190/semester. SCC will be notified of any parking violations that result in fines and those fines will be added to the student’s SCC account.
- A SCC/NWU Resident ID card that students can use along with their SCC ID card for free admission to Theatre performances or NWU home in-season athletic competitions. Post-season athletic events will require an entrance fee.
Housing costs will be charged to the student’s SCC account. Eligible students can apply financial aid to the housing cost charges.
Students living in the White/Heim Suites are required to have a meal plan.
- Prairie Wolf Plan: $2,043 per semester: includes 12 meals per week and $100 in flex points each semester to be used in the NWU Coffee Shop.
NWU dining hall staff can make meals-to-go upon request for students traveling back and forth to the SCC location.Dietary needs can be accommodated.
Visit with Lana Webb with NWU’s Dining Hall at (402) 465-2296 about how they can meet needs.
Students living in a Townhouse are not required to have a meal plan.
Students living in NWU on campus housing are required to have two separate immunization dates (month and year) for measles (Rubeola, commonly referred to as MMR or MR) and at least one meningococcal (meningitis) vaccination at or after the age of 16.
Housing assignments for fall will be made by the end of July and students will be notified the first week of August. For the spring semester, students will be notified of their housing assignment by the last week of November.
Information about move-in, orientation for living on campus, what to bring/not bring, etc. will be shared with students with their housing confirmation information.
SCC students living on NWU campus are subject to NWU housing and campus policies and SCC’s and NWU’s Student Codes of Conduct. Policy and Student Code of Conduct violations of SCC students living on campus will be shared with the SCC Lincoln Campus Dean of Students. SCC students will be required to sign a release of information allowing NWU and SCC to share information as part of the contract.
Housing costs will vary by unit
- Heim/White Hall Suites: $3,850 housing cost + $90 NWU fee + $2,043 meal plan per semester
- Townhouse: $4,712 housing cost + $90 NWU fee per semester (meal plan optional)
- Prairie Wolf Plan includes 12 meals per week and $100 in flex points each semester to be used in the NWU Coffee Shop
To apply, complete the online housing contract form.
After submitting your housing contract, you may mail a check for $150 for the housing deposit to the address on the form or you may contact student accounts at 402-437-2669 to pay via a credit card.
Complete the Roommate Questionnaire
Review the required NWU immunization requirements
Complete the NWU Medical Health History form (PDF) and provide proof of immunizations. This form may be turned in at the time of student move-in or mailed to NWU Residential Education, 5000 St. Paul Ave., Lincoln, NE 68504.