You can start our intensive Professional Truck Driver Training program in the Fall, Spring or Summer terms. We offer
a face-to-face or a hybrid option which features online lectures and labs with in-person driving. To earn your
certificate, you must complete two courses: Professional Truck Driver Training-Lecture Course and the Professional
Truck Driver Training-Behind the Wheel Driving Course. The program option is:
- 10-week program: Lecture (5 weeks) + Behind the Wheel Driving Course (5 weeks)
At the end of the program, you will have completed 60 hours of lecture and 105 hours behind-the-wheel training for a
total of 165 hours. You will also log between 2,000 and 2,500 miles.
TRUK-1114 Professional Truck Driver Training Classroom
- This course satisfies the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) Entry Level Driver Training (ELDT)
and HAZMAT Theory requirements.
- After successful completion of TRUK-1114, Skills Practice and Testing may be completed through SCC course
TRUK-1124 Professional Truck Driver Training Driving Lab or through another 3rd Party Trainer/Tester.
- Seats for TRUK-1124 are limited and fill on a first come – first served basis.
The lecture options are:
- Face-to-Face: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-12 p.m.
- Online (Zoom required): dates and times TBD
TRUK-1124 Professional Truck Driver Training - Behind-the-Wheel
- This course offers intensive hands on training where students can practice their skills. Testing will be completed
through this SCC course to receive your CDL (SCC instructors are 3rd party examiners for the State of Nebraska and
students in this course will test with them)
- Students can go directly to a 3rd Party Trainer/Tester to receive their CDL
The behind-the-wheel option is:
- 5-week: Monday-Thursday, 8 a.m.-4 p.m.