Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology
Prepare yourself for the hottest and coolest career with a degree from our Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology program. Our four-semester program prepares you to design, build, install, service, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair heating and cooling systems year-round. You will take hands-on lecture/lab courses during the first three semesters before putting your education to work during your final semester through our Cooperative Education Experience.
Students entering this program may qualify for the Scott Pathway Scholarship.
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning & Refrigeration Technology program if you:
- enjoy problem solving
- are good at using diagnostic testing to determine outcomes
- are able to research and analyze outcome
- will work outside in all kinds of weather
- have good manual dexterity and ability to see and manipulate small objects
- are able to communicate effectively with a diverse customer base
- take direction and work independently, depending on the project
- can sense when something is wrong or likely to go wrong
- are a sequential and analytical thinker
We will train you for a high-demand career in the HVAC/R industry as the go-to expert in solving heating and cooling issues. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $38,896. Career options include:
- Apprentice Steamfitter
- Apprentice Technician
- Building Engineer
- HVAC Technician
- Maintenance Specialist
- Service Manager
- Service Technician