John Deere Construction and Forestry Equipment Tech
Our John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment Tech program will prepare you for employment as a high-quality entry-level technician in a John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment dealership. John Deere construction equipment is used in numerous types of earthmoving, including road building, underground utilities, site development and residential construction. You will learn how to service engines, power trains, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems as well as diagnose and repair air conditioning problems for John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment.
Your coursework will consist of lectures and labs taken though the John Deere University on our Milford campus. You will do your off-campus training at a John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment dealership.
Students entering this program may qualify for the Scott Pathway Scholarship.
You can start the John Deere Construction and Forestry Equipment Tech program in the Fall term. Follow these steps to finish your application:
- Want to learn more about SCC? Come see how SCC will help you achieve Your Path to Possible! Schedule a campus visit!
- Need help exploring career opportunities or navigating the admissions process? Schedule an appointment with an Admissions Counselor.
- Ready to apply? Complete an Application for Admission.
- Submit ACT, SAT, Next Generation Accuplacer, or Accuplacer test scores (reading and math) or official college transcripts showing completion of post-secondary coursework in English and math to the Admissions Office at any SCC location.
- Complete and Submit the Dealer Approval Form (PDF) to Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you are required to provide or purchase a tool set while you are in the program. You may purchase the tools from a vendor of your choice but realize the cost of the tools varies depending on the vendor. Each term has different tool requirements.
You’re a Good Fit
You will be successful in our John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment Tech program if you:
- have high mechanical ability and basic math skills
- have good communication skills (must be able to read, understand and follow written directions; must be able to read manuals and computer-generated instructions; and must be able to express oneself clearly verbally)
- are computer proficient and detail-oriented
- are a “mind-on” and a “hands-on” person
- have the ability to work on a team
- have high spatial relations ability (can visualize three dimensionally)
- are a sequential and analytical thinker
- can multi-task and stay on task until a job is completed
Our program prepares you for an entry-level Construction Equipment Technician at a John Deere Construction & Forestry equipment dealership. Recent SCC graduates report an average starting annual salary of $61,984.
The program is fully accredited by the state of Nebraska and by the Higher Learning Commission.
Our John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment Tech program is offered through a joint cooperation between SCC, John Deere and John Deere Construction Equipment Company. As part of the program, you must secure a John Deere Construction & Forestry Equipment dealership sponsor for off-campus training.